Low cholesterol foods
When you're following a cholesterol diet for heart health or
just trying to eat better, this list of low cholesterol foods can
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating recommends to enjoy a
variety of foods every day including:
- Plenty of vegetables, fruits and legumes
- Plenty of grain based foods, preferably wholegrain
- Moderate amounts of lean meats, poultry and fish
- Reduced or low fat milks, yoghurts and cheeses
- Moderate amounts of polyunsaturated or monounsaturated oils and
- Plenty of water.
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing (1998) The
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating.