Hazelnut And Cinnamon Porridge With Pink Poached Pears
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups HeartActive®
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20g (2 tablespoons) dry roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 cup Berri apple and blackcurrant juice
- Place pears and juice in a small saucepan, bring to a
simmer for 10 minutes until pears are just tender and pink.
- Combine oats, HeartActive and cinnamon in a saucepan and
slowly bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 2-3
- Divide porridge between two bowls top with pears, a drizzle
juice and hazelnuts.
Serve porridge with fresh bananas instead of poached pears if
For breakfast on the run, make pears the night before and use
quick oats for the porridge.